AOL Travel Library Winners
by Linda Walcroft
Back when AOL was still in a phase of providing features to paying members, they had a weekly Travel Library photo contest . These images were some of my weekly winners. I earned credits toward my monthly dial-up fee. (Yes, this was over a decade ago.)
They have been reduced in size for display here and a border added.
About the places:
- Clingman's Dome is the highest point in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. A steep trail leads to this lookout tower.
- The Washington Monument is shown from across the Potomac River.
- A street performer in Paris impersonates the Mona Lisa.
- Marie is gazing over the Grand Canyon in Arizona.
- This view from the Blue Ridge Parkway is called Twenty Minute Cliff.
- Harper's Ferry, West Virginia can be clearly viewed from Maryland Heights - if you don't mind a steep hike.
- Wild azaleas bloom in the springtime in Virginia. This view is looking east from Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park.
- Mabry Mill in a light rain, Blue Ridge Parkway.
- The Eiffel Tower, Paris, seen from the Musee des Hommes.
- A tree became driftwood on the beach near Charleston, SC.
- The Grand Tetons from Lake Jackson, WY, were partially obscured by clouds. The photo is on color film, but the haze from a lifting rain gave the image a monochromatic hue. This picture was taken with a disposable panorama camera.
Virginia Photo | My blog
www.javins.com | Civil War Field Trips